Here is a 100% imported cashmere cardigan sweater from the 50s with a genuine mink fur collar. As you can see the collar is not the usual round collar but is triangular in shape and is a very pretty gray color. It has a rhinestone and pearl front clasp that is good condition with no rhinestones or pearls missing. There is the usual nylon and lace lining that these sweater have. And also the collar can be removed, as it snaps on with 28 snaps. It has the two pearl buttons on each sleeve that are in good condition, no peeling.
Please be aware that the collar only has 28 snaps and therefore it cannot be worn on another vintage sweater of this type because most of them are made with 29 snap collars. That is why I am getting rid of it. I bought it only for the collar only but the collar will not fit my other three sweaters. So my loss is your gain!
There are some defects:
1. There are repairs to each sleeve. One sleeve as two small repairs and the other sleeve has one long repair about an inch in length. I tried to show them in the last 2 pictures.
2. The nylon lining has a hole approximately 1” in length and 1/4” wide on the left front side.
3. The collar has been repaired at the back neck using glue and there are two hard areas in the fur. Otherwise the mink fur is good condition. There are no flying hairs.
This is a small size sweater. The measurements are: chest 21" across, length 19", sleeve 23." Please make sure these measurement work for you.
The item that you see in the pictures is the actual item that you will get. Please look at all of the photos. Simply click on each picture and then click on it again to enlarge it in a separate window from the page. All items are sold in "AS IS."
Please email me with any questions and please give me at least 24 hours to answer. I will try to answer as soon as possible.
I will mail this item the following day after your purchase. I will mail it by priority mail medium flat rate box with delivery confirmation. It will not fit into the flat rate padded envelop.
Thank you for visiting my listing!
If you are buying vintage, you must expect some wear, unless it is mint condition. • Mint: Perfect, pristine, no signs of wear.
• Near Mint: Like New, no flaws to report
• Excellent: Has been worn, no flaws to report.
• Very Good: Noted minor flaws, easily repairable or already repaired, Could be wearable as purchased with the flaws.
• Good: Noted minor flaws, most likely repairable or already repaired, wearable with care or after repair.
• Fair: Numerous noted flaws, some significant, possibly repairable/wearable.
• Poor: Damaged beyond repair with value as a study piece, not wearable.
• Sold As Is: No Returns.