Over 100 strategies,
plus work sheets
Softcover book by Leland W. Howe and Mary Martha Howe
Over 570 pages
COPYRIGHT © 1975
HART PUBLISHING COMPANY, INC.
1. The Values of Clarification
2. Personalizing Education
Part I: Personalizing Human Relationships in the Classroom
3. Introduction to Part I
4. Developing a Climate of Acceptance, Trust, and Open Communication
5. Building Students' Self-Concepts
Part II: Personalizing Goals in the Classroom
6. Introduction to Part II
7. Helping Students Become Aware of, Prize, and
Publicly Affirm Their Values
8. Helping Students Choose Their Values Freely,
from Alternatives, After Weighing the Consequences
9. Helping Students Learn to Set Goals and Take Action
on Their Values
Part III: Personalizing the Curriculum
10. Introduction to Part III
11. Developing Curriculum, to Serve Student Concerns
12. Adapting Curriculum to Serve Students Interests,
Needs, Concerns, Goals, Values
Part IV: Personalizing Classroom Organization and Management
13. Introduction to Part IV
14. A Continuum of Classroom Organization and
Management Styles and Strategies
15. Goal Sheets and Learning Contracts: Facilitating
Student Self-Directed Learning
16. Developing and Managing a Choice-Centered Classroom
17. Discipline in the Choice-Centered Classroom
18. Using Values Clarification in the Choice-Centered Classroom
INDEX OF STRATEGIES "
The book is in fair to good condition.
The cover has some creases on the front and along the spine.
There is a price tag removal mark on the front cover.
The side edges of the pages are dirty, mostly visible from
the side view.
No torn or ripped pages, but there is one spot in the middle of the book
where there is some separation of the pages from the binding.
No loose or individual separated pages, though.