LOUIS ARMSTRONG & DUKE ELLINGTON
The Great Summit: The Complete Sessions Deluxe Edition
Remixed from the original three-track tapes and remastered in 24-bit / 96 kHz
Disc 1 is the previously released THE COMPLETE LOUIS ARMSTRONG & DUKE ELLINGTON SESSIONS.
Disc 2 is a bonus CD of conversations, false starts and outtakes from the same sessions.
Disc: 1 [THE GREAT SUMMIT / THE MASTER TAKES]
1. Duke's Place - Armstrong, Louis
2. I'm Just a Lucky So and So
3. Cotton Tail
4. Mood Indigo
5. Do Nothin' Till You Hear from Me
6. The Beautiful American
7. Black and Tan Fantasy
8. Drop Me off in Harlem
9. The Mooche
10. In a Mellow Tone
11. It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)
13. Don't Get Around Much Anymore
14. I'm Beginning to See the Light
15. Just Squeeze Me
16. I Got It Bad (And That Ain't Good)
Disc: 2 [THE MAKING OF THE GREAT SUMMIT]
1. In a Mellow Tone [Warm-up/Take One-Complete Take]
2. I'm Beginning to See the Light [Take 1-False Start/Take 4-2 False Start]
3. Do Nothin' Till You Hear from Me [Take 1-Rehearsal, Working Out Arrangement/Take Two...
4. Don't Get Around Much Anymore [Take 2-Breakdown/Take 3-Breakdown/Take 4-Discussion...
5. Duke's Place [Take 5-Luckey Roberts Intro/Complete Take]
6. Drop Me off in Harlem [Take 2-Complete Take]
7. I'm Just a Lucky So and So [Conversation/Take 1-False Start/Take 2-Complete Take...
8. Azalea [Take 8-Discussion, False Start/Take 9-False Start/Take 10-Complete In Two...
9. Black and Tan Fantasy [Take 3-False Start/Conversation Leading to Take 4/Take 5...
10. Band Discussion on Cottontail
Louis Armstrong (vocals, trumpet)
Duke Ellington (piano)
Trummy Young (trombone)
Barney Bigard (clarinet)
Mort Herbert (bass)
Danny Barcelona (drums).
Producer: Bob Thiele.
Reissue producer: Michael Cuscana.
Recorded at RCA Studios, New York, New York on April 3 & 4, 1961. Includes liner notes by Dan Morgenstern.
Digitally remastered by Ron McMaster.
This recording comes as 2-CD box set
perfectly new, never opened or played
factory - fresh and sealed.