Here an 80s does 50s cocktail dress. It is cream colored with ivy green leaf detail that wraps around the front and back. It is long just below the knee in length, and has an inner cream-colored lining. There is a 17” kick pleat up the back. This is a well-designed dress as it has the straps to hold it on the hanger and the snaps on the shoulder to keep your bra in place under the dress. (see last pic)
I bought this dress in September of 2012 here on Etsy and have never worn it. I wear a size 8 but this designer 8 is too big for me in the hips and bust-line. I had planned to cut it down but never got around to doing it. The dress is nice it just needs to be worn by someone who can fill it out better than me! So my loss is your gain!
The label says:
Marie St. Claire
Shell: 55% linen, 45% cotton
Lining: 100% Acetate
Professionally dry clean only
This dress is in excellent condition with no flaws to note.
The item that you see in the pictures is the actual item that you will get. Please look at all of the photos. Simply click on each picture and then click on it again to enlarge it in a separate window from the page. All items are sold in "AS IS."
Please email me with any questions and please give me at least 24 hours to answer. I will try to answer as soon as possible.
I will mail this item the following day after your purchase. I will mail it by priority mail with delivery confirmation.
Thank you for visiting my listing!
If you are buying vintage, you must expect some wear, unless it is mint condition. • Mint: Perfect, pristine, no signs of wear.
• Near Mint: Like New, no flaws to report
• Excellent: Has been worn, no flaws to report.
• Very Good: Noted minor flaws, easily repairable or already repaired, Could be wearable as purchased with the flaws.
• Good: Noted minor flaws, most likely repairable or already repaired, wearable with care or after repair.
• Fair: Numerous noted flaws, some significant, possibly repairable/wearable.
• Poor: Damaged beyond repair with value as a study piece, not wearable.
• Sold As Is: No Returns.